Sunday, May 10, 2009

Yummy "Cinnabon" Protein Pancake recipe!

I got this from Katrina at ToneItUp.com. I needed some new ideas for getting protein in the diet and she gave me this suggestion....it's so yummy! I've had them 3 days in a row now! Thank you Katrina!

"Cinnabon" Protein Pancake
Mix together:
1/4 cup low fat cottage cheese
1/4 egg whites (about 2 large eggs)
1 scoop Vanilla creme Protein Powder
(I don't have vanilla so I've used 'natural' flavor protein powder with 1/2 tsp. vanilla or almond extract)
Dash of cinnamon

Cook in a skillet just like regular pancakes. I like to make one large pancake and cut into quarters.

Top with 2 tbsp. agave nectar (a natural low-glycemic sweetener...instead of maple syrup) and a sprinkle of powdered sugar. Serve with fresh raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, and/or bananas!

No comments:

Post a Comment