Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My new "Tighten & Tone" Challenge

Well, it's Week 1 Day 2 of the new little 16 week challenge I created for myself....my "Tighten & Tone" challenge. My aim is to drop 3 inches in my waist, hips and thighs, and 2" in my bust. Not sure where the scale will go, as I prefer measurements as a more true representation of where I want to be, but psychologically I'd like to drop about 15 pounds in total, or gain even more lean muscle mass.

So, I'm continuing to be consistent with my workouts, which include 3 days a week of strength circuits by my fitness trainer Valerie Waters, 2-3 days of interval cardio workouts (mainly running, either outdoors or on the treadmill),and 1-2 day of rest.

My real challenge is to become more consistent in my diet....I tend to slack off at times on getting all my veggies in and have lately slacked some on protein. Also, I plan to continue experimenting adding in new Super Foods, some that I've found in David Wolfe's book "Super Foods". Not only am I eating for a leaner body, but for great health as I want to age gracefully and never get sick, if I can help it!!

To help me stay accountable and on track, I plan to keep up with my video blog. Putting myself out there makes me stick to it. I'm going to look into getting a little Flip camera that will simplify my blogging process, as my HD camera is pretty time consuming as I have to convert the video, etc. So, that is a goal for this week!

Stay tuned!! My 16 weeks are up around the first week of August I believe.....then my Red Carpet Ready 2nd Year Reunion is out in Los Angeles at the end of September. I will be a different person by then...LOL!!

xx MB

No comments:

Post a Comment