Friday, December 4, 2009

21 Days and counting down...

Wow, only 21 days (3 weeks) until Christmas!

That means I'm 4 days done with 100% clean eating....and another day to be thankful for something about me....hmmm....today I'm thankful for my eyes....they are the exact color of blue of my paternal grandfather who we called "Granddad". He was the sweetest, kindest, most gentle man! Of the 2 of my sisters and brother who also got blue eyes from our parents (my dad has Green, mom has blue and my 3rd sister has hazel color) mine were the bluest of the blue, just like Granddad's. I love this little thing I inherited from him. I miss him dearly, as he passed away when I was just a sophomore in college. There were so many things now, as an adult, that I would have loved to talk with him about.

I'm thankful not only for the color of my eyes but that they are still 20/20 vision (no need for glasses yet, at age 41) and healthy, and I am thankful that they try to 'see' the good that is in every person I come in contact with! Sometimes eyes see the first impressions of people they meet for the first time, but then later hopefully they can see deeper into the soul of people for not just what's physically seen on the outside but what's truly on their inside!

No comments:

Post a Comment